HONOR THE PAST. IMPROVE THE PRESENT. ENSURE THE FUTURE.
St. John the Baptist Catholic School has been serving the Healdsburg (and surrounding) community since 1950. Originally staffed by the Sisters of the Infant Jesus, it exists today as one of the most beloved Catholic Schools in Sonoma County. Generations of students have been nurtured spiritually, emotionally, intellectually and physically on our small- town campus adjacent to St. John the Baptist Church. Throughout all the changes over the years- to our curriculum, staff, and campus - one thing has remained constant. We've remained true to our mission of being " dedicated to the work of Christ."
Why choose St. John the Baptist Catholic School for your child? Here's what our parents say:
Key Things to Consider:
- Strong academic core curriculum in all grades, which includes Spanish, art, computers and physical education
- Small class size with teacher assistants to ensure low student to teacher ratio
- Enhanced science and technology curriculum with interactive Smart Boards and 1:1 student-to-computing device ratio
- Expansive 9,000 + piece library categorized by Accelerated Reading and genre classifications. Guest Author presentations arranged for Authors in the area to come to the library and speak with the students to provide inspiration, information, and a unique professional experience to our budding Authors.
- Competitive athletic program featuring student athletes who consistently compete within the North Bay Catholic Schools League (CSL) at the championship level
- Affordable before and after school child care with the option of tutorial programs and study hall *SJS offers students after school, tutoring in the SJS Library, to ensure every student has all of the tools necessary to succeed and excel academically.
- 90% student participation in extracurricular activities such as musical production, chess, athletics and art
- The Learning Center was established in 2020. This resource center is open to all our students who need direct specialized individual or small group instruction. It includes the use of occupational therapy tools and an opportunity for accelerated learners to maximize their development.