Why choose St. John the Baptist Catholic School for your child? Here's what our parents say:
In our 2018 schoolwide survey of parents, our parents summed up the phenomenal care and dedication we have towards the children in one question. 92% of parents strongly agreed/agreed with the statement: "I feel that my child's teacher cares about my child's success."
Here are just a few of the hundreds of comments we received from our parents:
- "I chose St. Johns for the catholic education, and the fact that it was a 10 year school which allows for friendships and community growth. I LOVE that the level of education is so high (2 years ahead of public schools) this is very important."
- "The teachers are warm and welcoming and really help my child grow and learn. I can see the passion they have for what they do."
- "We chose this school as the academics offered were better than public school. I like the smaller student body and class size."
- "I do feel that the teachers are amazing. And that this is an extremely caring environment. Both of which are very important."
Furthermore, for examples of our feedback from our students and their experience click here.
Key Things to Consider:
- Strong academic core curriculum in all grades, which includes Spanish, art, computers and physical education
- Grades 4-8 all scored higher than the national average in reading, vocabulary, math and science.
Grades 4-8 all have grade equivalent results reflecting developmental levels 1-1/2 grades ahead.
(source: 2017 Iowa Assessment results--see "How We Measure Up")
- Small class size with teacher assistants to ensure low student to teacher ratio
- Enhanced science and technology curriculum with interactive Smart Boards and 1:1 student-to-computing device ratio
- Expansive 8,500 + piece library categorized by Accelerated Reading and genre classifications
- Competitive athletic program featuring student athletes who consistently compete within the North Bay Catholic Schools League (CSL) at the championship level
- Affordable before and after school child care with the option of tutorial programs and study hall
- 90% student participation in extracurricular activities such as musical production, chess, athletics and art